Saturday, December 5, 2009
A note to myself (and to anyone else attempting pernil for the first time): it really would've helped to cook it in a Dutch oven for most of the time. This would've concentrated the heat, melted the fat and caused the meat to self-baste better. Mine did self-baste with its foil tent, but a few parts of the meat were a little on the dry side. Then again, there were many good, crunchy bits (what my husband and I refer to as "pork candy").
Tonight I got to work on another sampler, designing it on my computer and tracing the design onto muslin. Gotta make sure I have a good supply of embroidery projects to do on the train. Also began work on the first of several planned wedding albums. Yes, I married in 2002 and still have not made my wedding album yet. Anyhow, I finally got around to scanning, photoshopping, cropping and organizing something around 500 pictures (we had no digital media, sad to say, so this all was based on our proofs), and am now making scrapbook-type albums. Once the photos are printed, the various materials assembled (glue, paper cutter, punches, stamps, etc.) the putting-together is both fun and quick. But the preparation has taken months, literally.