Sunday, November 29, 2009

Greetings... this is a first.

Is it strange to be an urban dweller (an über-urban dweller, even) yet have a secret penchant for handicrafts and the gentle household arts of yesteryear? I suppose not--seems like that kind of thing is terribly trendy these days--but for some reason among my friends I seem to be alone in my predilections.

I get antsy to make stuff with my hands. Baking is semi-forbidden in my house (alas, all we do is eat the things I make), so I'm stuck baking on behalf of others or for holiday gifts. But I can sew, do embroidery, kind of knit (okay, not really), and make stuff out of paper. I guess that's what I'm going to do on my blog, talk about the stuff I make and how my life relates to it, or the other way around. I'm making this up as I go along. The only reason I'm awake is because my son had a bad dream.

1 comment:

  1. OK, OK. For the last time, I'm sorry I made Charlie watch "Hellraiser 3" before bed. Jeez...gimme a break!

    ReplyDelete